This challenge is open to anyone who would like to participate. You can join in at any point. If you do not have a blog of your own, please feel free to update using the Comments section of this post. I will start a separate page on this blog to track my own progress, and you can feel free to comment there as well. This is intended to be a stress-free challenge, and therefore I am giving a 6 month time frame for completion. The Challenge will be open from January - December 2011. You can list you book choices before the challenge starts, or as you go along.... whatever works best for you.
The goals to complete:
- A Banned Book
- A Book with a Wartime Setting (can be any war)
- A Pulitzer Prize (Fiction) Winner or Runner Up: a list can be found here
- A Children's/Young Adult Classic
- 19th Century Classic
- 20th Century Classic
- A Book you think should be considered a 21st Century Classic
- Re-Read a book from your High School/College Classes
Feel free to use books in this Challenge toward other challenges as well (I know I will be), but please try to choose 8 different books for these goals.
Good Luck to everyone!
Edited to add: as of February 19, 2011 - the Challenge end date has been changed from June 31 to December 31st.